Mallacoota Community Health, Infrastructure and Resilience Fund Inc. (CHIRF) is a registered tax deductible charity. It was created to provide support across a wide range of activities in the Mallacoota community but focussing on primary medical support issues effecting the community.
A small group created in May 2016 following a community meeting that was called to discuss the future of the medical practice.
The “About” page provides a comprehensive breakdown of CHIRF activities to date
Tuesday 1 Oct 2018
REMOTE VICTORIAN TOWN RECEIVES INNOVATIVE HEALTH FUNDING FROM A MAJOR CHARITY.
The remote towns of Mallacoota, Gypsy Point, Genoa and Cann River, Far East Gippsland, Victoria are celebrating receiving $136,864 to support the development and implementation of additional health services through Mallacoota’s local G.P. medical clinic led by Dr Sara Renwick-Lau. As part of its Enhancing Country Health Outcomes (ECHO) grant program, the Foundation for Rural & Regional Renewal (FRRR) https://www.frrr.org.au/ awarded Mallacoota Community Health, Infrastructure and Resilience Fund Inc. (CHIRF) a major grant. This will be deployed to · improving mental health services including a pilot teen clinic, · continue its nationally acclaimed Dr Search initiative · professionalising its administration . CHIRF was established by local volunteers two years ago to find ways to ensure medical services in Mallacoota survive.
- EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY WITH CHIRF
- DR MUBASHAR SHERAZI
- NEW MEDICAL CENTRE GRANT FROM THE COMMONWEALTH
- LISTEN TO THE INTERVIEW ON 3MGB ON 3 JULY WITH SHANE TURNER EAST GIPPSLAND SHIRE COUNCIL EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT COORDINATOR
- (Please note I left the weather report in at the start as the small amount of banter set the scene for where Shane picks up the story…its only 4 minutes….sorreeee.Robin)
- Our research into the history and development of Mallacoota’s health infrastructure and our current assessment of aged care demand with Dan Hilvert Advisory’s Analysis of Aged Care Demand (April 2018) – Mallacoota gap analysis
Mallacoota Community Health Infrastructure & Resilience Fund Inc.
Bendigo Bank Account for donations
CHIRF Medical Account
BSB 633 000 Account No 159 562 776
Contact Robin Bryant email@example.com
mobile 0417 271 852